Boston Impact Initiative is looking for a Marketing Intern for 8 to 10 hours per week during Fall Semester to write content for our website and social media channels and help with virtual event planning. This is a remote and unpaid internship, but we can provide support needed to get school credit and/or funding.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and brief cover letter if you’re interested! Deadline for applications for Fall is Sept 15th.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the investment thesis and mission of BII
- Create communications collateral and write content for each new investment.
- Update social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) with portfolio updates, thought-leadership content, and other information.
- Meet goals of organically growing followers across all social media platforms.
- Assist in planning virtual events as needed.
- Miscellaneous: Perform any such duty as necessary to support BII’s impact and marketing processes.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of economic justice, sustainability, and/or related topics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the use of social media in broader communication strategy
- Resourceful, proactive, able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to meet deadlines
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and follow-through
- Unquestioned ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- General understanding of investment principles, impact investing, small business, social entrepreneurship, and/or other related topics.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)