Fund Accounting Associate
Location: Boston, MA
Industry: Non-profit / Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 15th. Please include FUND ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE in the title of your email.
The Boston Impact Initiative Fund (BII) has a unique role in the field of impact investing. Our fund is focused on economic justice, which means that we invest in opportunity for all people.
BII seeks to invest in organizations and initiatives —both for-profit and not-for-profit—that are committed to creating a better future for Massachusetts’ youth and families.
BII pioneers an integrated capital approach for capital deployment. We believe that we can best support the creation of resilient local economies by using a range of integrated capital tools: loans, credit enhancements, equity investments, royalty finance, direct public offerings, crowdfunding, grants and more.
The Fund Accounting Associate plays a significant role in BII’s integrated capital strategy. The primary responsibilities include providing financial and administrative support for the BII Fund. Responsibilities also include:
- Recording and reconciling all accounting data, such as:
- Accounts Receivable – prepare and send all BII payment notices, on a monthly and ad hoc basis; reconcile accounts receivable monthly and follow-up on past due items with relationship managers
- Accounts Payable – manage all aspects of A/P, including capturing all invoices to BII, implementing authorization protocols and issuing checks weekly and on an as-needed basis
- Month-end close – assist in completing month-end close procedures including:
- Recording all cash transactions and reconciling bank accounts
- Prepare month-end reconciliation schedules for balance sheet accounts
- Prepare standard journal entries
- Assist in preparing month-end financial reports for the Investment Committee
- Portfolio and investor relations responsibilities:
- Tracking portfolio companies’ payments
- Coordinate capital disbursement and closing document preparation
- Handle investor relations with our current noteholders, including closing document preparation and payments.
- Manage BII’s portfolio and investment database, payments and reporting requirements
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with the:
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements for the Fund of the BII Investment Committee
- Preparation of annual pre-audit material information to support the external audit process
- Support of field-building activities
- Support of the administrative processes
- Work on any other ad hoc projects and reports from management, the Board or external grantors.
- College degree or post-secondary certification in Accounting
- At least 2-3 years of related accounting work experience.
- Nonprofit accounting and/or fund accounting experience (either via employment or via supporting nonprofit organizations while in a public accounting firm)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and internal controls
- Experience with Quickbooks is a MUST.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Solid analytical and technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in an unstructured but very demanding environment and demonstrate a high and consistent level of performance and motivation.
- Ability to work on deadlines, especially with the month end closing and to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion. (MUST BE BONDABLE).
The Boston Impact Initiative Fund is an equal opportunity employer. Boston residents, women, people of color, immigrants, queer and gender nonconforming people strongly encouraged to apply.