The Boston Impact Initiative Fund is an impact investing fund dedicated to closing the racial wealth divide. We invest integrated capital (equity, debt and grants) in regenerative local enterprises that restore the productive capacity of communities of color in Eastern Massachusetts. We are a 501(c)3 charitable loan fund that has raised $7M from values-aligned accredited and non-accredited investors. We also educate fellow fund managers, investors, philanthropists, and small business support organizations about investing to close the racial wealth divide across the country.
BII pioneers an integrated capital approach for capital deployment. We believe that we can best support the creation of resilient local economies by using a range of integrated capital tools: loans, credit enhancements, equity investments, royalty finance, direct public offerings, crowdfunding, grants and more.
The Field-Building Program Manager plays a significant role in facilitating the education of the broader small business ecosystem in using integrated capital tools and supporting the technical assistance program for BII’s portfolio and pipeline companies. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with local partners and coalitions to provide education and resources on integrated capital financing tools to support small businesses and entrepreneurs of color.
- Coordinate the Capital Marketplace, an initiative of the Coalition for an Equitable Economy to coordinate capital access for small businesses owned by entrepreneurs of color.
- Promote, manage and facilitate integrated capital workshops using BII’s educational materials such as the Integrated Capital Cards.
Technical Assistance Responsibilities
- Build a pipeline of small businesses that can benefit from BII’s technical assistance (TA) program.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of TA by subject matter experts to BII portfolio and pipeline companies.
- Facilitate introductions between BII portfolio companies and local partners, programs and resources.
- Provide strategic and other coaching to portfolio companies.
- Perform any and all other duties and responsibilities of a similar nature and character those above, which may be assigned and/or directed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience in small business support, social entrepreneurship, or business consulting. Direct experience working with small businesses or nonprofits is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of economic justice, gender equity, sustainability, and/or related topics.
- Adept at program management and workshop facilitation.
- Resourceful, proactive, able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Unquestioned ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of impact investors and small business support organizations in Massachusetts is a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range is $65,000 to $80,000 and commensurate with experience, plus an employee bonus of up to 20% of base salary. Boston Impact Initiative offers a work environment that supports the unique needs of each employee to balance work and life. We offer a benefits package that includes remote and flexible work options, health plan reimbursement stipend, paid time off and professional development support.
How to Apply
The Boston Impact Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we embrace diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and a link to your portfolio or examples of relevant work here.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions with no more than 3-5 bullet points per question:
- What about BII’s mission appeals to you?
- How does this role align with your current career trajectory?
- What aspects of your experience are you most eager to contribute toward this role?
- Anything else you would like us to know.
Our ideal start date for this role is January 2022 with interviews beginning in November 2021. Applications will be evaluated as they arrive and the position will remain open until filled.