Senior Communications Associate
Location: Boston, MA
Industry: Non-profit / Financial Services
Employment Type: Full-time
The Boston Impact Initiative Fund is an impact investing fund dedicated to closing the racial wealth divide. We invest integrated capital (equity, debt and grants) in regenerative local enterprises that restore the productive capacity of communities of color in Eastern Massachusetts. We are a 501(c)3 charitable loan fund that has raised $7M from values-aligned accredited and non-accredited investors. We also host a cohort of 11 communities around the country seeking to design and launch integrated capital funds dedicated to closing the racial wealth divide.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Communications Associate to partner with our team in creating content, conversations and events that engage stakeholders both locally and nationally in learning what it takes to invest to close the racial wealth divide. We are seeking someone who shares our beliefs that:
- Current capital markets aren’t working
- Investment decisions should not be strictly financial
- We have much to learn from emerging models of impact investing, solidarity economics and justice movements
The Senior Communications Associate will help make visible what we’re learning through: producing content for our digital assets (social media, website, newsletter, impact report and videos); producing media assets for our stakeholders (such as cohort members); assessing the impact of our content through insights and data; placing articles; identifying platforms and partners for distributing our curriculum; and designing and hosting events.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and publishing multi-platform content
- Producing newsletters, reports, charts, audio and video assets that meet the needs of diverse stakeholders to learn with and from us
- Authoring and placing articles that make visible our work and the work of the people we serve, such as cohort members.
- Identifying and managing a platform through which we can deliver our curriculum.
- Building partnerships and joint ventures to distribute our curriculum.
- Managing contractors as needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in strategic communications
- Demonstrated interest in and understanding of economic justice, racial justice, gender equity, sustainability, and/or related topics
- Ability to be self-directed; entrepreneurial experience a plus
- Willingness to continuously learn and adapt
- Resourceful, proactive, able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and follow-through
- Graphic design and Adobe skills. Experience with WordPress and video editing a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range is $65,000 – $80,000 and commensurate with experience. Boston Impact Initiative offers a work environment that supports the unique needs of each employee to balance work and life. We offer a benefits package that includes an employee bonus pool, remote and flexible work options, health coverage, paid time off and professional development support.
How to Apply
The Boston Impact Initiative is an equal opportunity employer. Boston residents, women, people of color, immigrants, queer and gender nonconforming people strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, up to 3 references, and a link to your portfolio or examples of relevant work to email@example.com.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions with no more than 3-5 bullet points per question:
- What about BII’s mission appeals to you?
- How does this role align with your current career trajectory?
- What aspects of your experience are you most eager to contribute toward this role?
- Anything else you would like us to know.
Our ideal start date for this role is April 2021 with interviews beginning in late February 2021. Applications will be evaluated as they arrive and the position will remain open until filled.
Job Posted on DATE 2/9/21